Are you a brownie corner person? If you agree that the corners of the brownie pan are the best pieces, you will love these Fudgy Brownie Bites. This recipe makes super chocolaty, fudgy, chewy, and moisty brownies. Yes, I said moisty! These brownie bites fall far from the category of dry brownies. They have the lightest and chewiest texture that we have ever experienced in a brownie, and every bite is a corner piece! Plus, we put Strawberry Buttercream Frosting on these bad boys… Strawberries and chocolate… We are in love.
We made these with cake flour. Not everyone has cake flour on hand all the time… and lets face it… neither do we. However, you can make a really easy cake flour at home! As long as you have all-purpose flour, cornstarch, and a sifter. It just takes a few extra steps, but man is it worth it.
How to Make Cake Flour
Measure out 1 cup of all-purpose flour. Remove 2 tablespoons of the measured all-purpose flour and replace it with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. Once the flour and cornstarch are measured sift them together at least 5 times. By sifting the flour and cornstarch together you will thoroughly combine them, as well as aerate the flour mixture for a more soft and light texture to your finished product. For more information, and some science behind cake flour, Joy the Baker has a great post.
If you haven’t already noticed, the chocolate and strawberries combination is a huge favorite of ours. We previously posted a Chocolate Strawberry Muffin that is way too good to be a breakfast muffin, and now with these fudgy brownies and this creamy Strawberry Buttercream Frosting, we are one chocolate strawberry recipe closer to a flavor obsession.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces 70% cocoa (bitter-sweet) chocolate, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, cold
- ¾ cup cake flour
- Butter a mini muffin pan and preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place the butter in a large bowl over a pot of simmering water (double boiler). When it begins to melt, add the salt, and instant coffee. Once the salt and coffee granules are incorporated mix in the sugar, cocoa powder, and chopped chocolate. Stir until the butter and chocolate have completely melted and are completely mixed together. The mixture may appear grainy.
- Remove the bowl from the double boiler and allow the chocolate and butter mixture to cool slightly.
- Add the vanilla and stir. Add each egg, one at a time, mixing well after each egg to completely incorporate.
- Add the cake flour and mix until the mixture is smooth. The batter will be very thick.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the mini cupcake pan and fill to the rim. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out covered in crumbs. The batter should stick to the toothpick and not run.
- Allow the brownies to cool to room temperature in the the pans. Once cool run a knife along the outside of each brownie and pop them out of the pans.
- Frost and serve!