Even though we are Fluffy European Buttercream fans, we must say this Whipped Vanilla Bean Frosting is quite amazing. It’s sweet, creamy, and perfectly fluffy. Plus, it tastes just like premium vanilla bean ice cream! The use of vanilla bean in the frosting creates a richer, bolder, vanilla flavor that showcases all those teeny-tiny vanilla bean flecks.
- 3 ½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- Pinch of salt
- Whip butter for 8 - 10 minutes on medium speed using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer. The butter will become pale and creamy
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix on low speed for 1 minute. Then increase speed to medium and mix for 6 - 8 minutes until the frosting is very light, creamy and fluffy.