Memorial Day is just around the corner and we have the best breakfast bread for the weekend. This delicious and easy-to-make Zucchini Bread is delightfully Spring-ish! Just the right amount of sweetness, which will satisfy any sweet tooth, while embodying a “healthier” alternative to donuts, cinnamon rolls, or cereal.
The zucchini really makes this bread nice and moist, but you can’t taste it one bit. (If you are looking for that veggie taste, check out our Carrot & Zucchini Vanilla Cake.) In my opinion this is the perfect zucchini bread… the added molasses creates a rich flavor profile that makes you wanna come back for more.
If you are baking in a loaf pan, feel free to reserve a few thinly sliced zucchini rounds, or chopped walnuts, to place on top before baking. This adds a really nice decorative element. But if you are trying to hide its vegetable origins, throw some chocolate morsels on top!
So what are you waiting for… just bake and enjoy all weekend!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon clove
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Black Strap molasses
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cup grated zucchini (squeeze out some excess moisture)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8x4 loaf pan (or small bundt pan) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs and oil until well blended. Add sugar, molasses, and vanilla whisking until combined. Add zucchini, stirring until combined.
- Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture, gently folding until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If using a bundt pan bake for 25-30 min, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes and then move to wire rack to cool completely.