I’ve been eating banana bread my whole life. Ari and I got our go-to recipe from our Mom. It’s simple, fast, and always delish! Now, don’t get mad, this recipe is not our mother’s. Let the sighs and huge let-down noises ensue.
Maybe one day we will share the family recipe, but until then Ari and I have made it our mission to discover new and tasty banana bread alternatives. What makes this banana bread so good and moist is the yogurt and the addition of blueberries. Enjoy!
Oh and before putting your pan in the oven, a few extra blueberries on top wouldn’t hurt anyone.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ripe bananas (2 large bananas)
- 1½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a stand mixer or a bowl beat together the sugar, oil, bananas, yogurt, vanilla, eggs, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour and baking soda.
- Add the the flour mixture to the banana yogurt mixture a little at a time. Mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean and top is browned.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.