Sour Cream imparts a slight tangy flavor to this smooth fudgy chocolate frosting. We used this frosting on our Hot Chocolate Cupcakes.
Fudgy Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting
Yields: 4 Cups
- 12-oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate pieces
- ½ cup butter
- 8-oz. carton sour cream
- 4-1/2 cups (1 lb.) sifted powdered sugar
- In large pan over low heat melt and stir one 12-oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate pieces and ½ cup butter. Cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl or mixer add cooled chocolate mixture with in 8-oz. carton sour cream.
- Mix in 4-1/2 cups (1 lb.) sifted powdered sugar; mix until smooth.