Author: Bake 2 the Future
Recipe type: Frosting
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk egg white, sugar and cream of tartar lightly in the top of a double boiler. We use the bowl from our stand mixer, set inside of a sauce pan.
- Heat over simmer water, mixing continuously to avoid cooking the egg.
- Bring to 160°F, in order to kill any salmonella, remove from heat immediately and beat starting at low speed and working up to high, until stiff peaks form and resembles marshmallow fluff.
- Add vanilla extract and mix on ow until combined.
- Use immediately.