Spiced Candied Pecans
Author: Bake 2 the Future
Recipe type: Nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set aside.
- Melt butter over stove or in microwave.
- Add honey, brown sugar, and spices and mix until combined.
- Using a fork, toss pecans (a little at a time) with the mixture and spread evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, mixing them half way through, or until pecans are toasted evenly. To test doneness, remove a pecan and allow to cool for 30 seconds (or more) and taste. Pecans should be crunchy, and the coating will be candied and not moist.