We used this Frosting on our Tropical Coconut Cream Cake. The frosting has a nice coconut flavor that will not overwhelm your taste buds.
Coconut Milk Frosting
Adapted from Tammy Algood, The Complete Southern Cookbook
- ¾ pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- 3 (16-ounce) packages confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Beat the butter, salt, vanilla extract, and coconut extract at medium speed of an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the confectioners' sugar alternately with the coconut milk.
- Beat until smooth.