The intoxicating aroma of roasting nuts and maple, fill the house with this recipe. Crunchy and delicious would be the best way to describe these. We used this to decorate or Carrot and Zucchini Cupcakes, but you can use them for many purposes. We ate the left-overs by the hand-full.
- ¼ cup all natural maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups whole pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Melt butter in the microwave, then mix in the maple syrup and brown sugar until sugar is melted and mixture has no lumps.
- Using a fork, toss pecans (a little at a time) with the mixture and spread evenly on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, mixing them half way through, or until pecans are toasted evenly. To test doneness, remove a pecan and allow to cool for 30 seconds (or more) and taste. Pecans should be crunchy, and the coating will be candied and not moist.