Maple Buttercream Frosting
Recipe type: Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2½ cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- 1-3 tablespoons milk (if needed)
- Beat butter until smooth.
- Add Confectioners sugar and beat on low until mostly incorporated, then increase speed of mixer and beat until combined.
- Add maple syrup and maple extract and beat until smooth, add milk if frosting is too thick until you have reached the preferred consistency.
The maple extract in the recipe helps add a stronger maple flavor, without changing the consistency of the frosting too much. It is not required to get the maple flavor, but if you don't have regular maple syrup the maple extract is good to use in its place (add to taste).