Blueberry Lemon Scones
Recipe type: Scones
Adapted from Alton Brown, Food Network.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- ¾ cup cream
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup dried wild blueberries
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Cut in butter and shortening. In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg and extract.
- Add cream mixture to dry ingredients using a fork, until dough starts to form.
- Add dried fruit to mixture and fold into dough using spatula or hand (do not over handle dough).
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface.
- Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds using biscuit or cookie cutter and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until brown on bottom.