Cream Cheese Frosting
Author: Bake 2 the Future
Recipe type: Frosting
Fluffy and smooth!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl.
- With a handheld electric mixer, beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and vanilla. Beat, on low speed to combine. If too soft, chill until slightly stiff, about 10 minutes, before using.
Don't skip sifting to avoid having a heavier and overly sweet frosting.